joshua tree workshop 2018

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sneak peak of a LIGHT-UP ROBOT-FACE Tree House I built/designed near Boston, MA


Here's a quick photo of a tree house (for both kids, and as an office) that I built and designed outside of Boston, MA (my third custom tree house gig this summer alone!). Its a pretty whimsical one alright, as the whole front is covered in Tuftex polycarbonate roofing, and "lights up" at night…. (we'll have a video soon too). Its small, with a interior base of only 4' by 6.5', but feels taller because of its height (7'), and its clear abundance of natural light.

This one has a staircase in the back for access to a landing/deck, a single-rope swing hanging beneath it, and a removable work desk.

More photos will be posted soon!

I'm always up for custom tree house gigs too- kidcedar at gmail.com, although I tend to only take on the ones where I get to be a little weird/funky with the designs…

We might have another hands-on tree house building workshop down the road too, so keep checking back here!


This one will be featured in my next tiny structures book coming out next year… the running title is "Micro Structures"….

-Derek "Deek" Diedricksen